Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Things I Love: Day 1, 2, and 3

With a sick baby in my house, things have kinda gotten backed up. Thus, I am starting my 13 days of what I love with a catch up to Day 3.

Day 1: Breastfeeding.

 
(Yes, so far, this is my only BFing pic)


No matter how many times I do it, it never feels less important. For the first time in my life, my breasts have become as treasured to me as they already were to my husband! With them, I give my daughter everything she needs and she gives me the closeness that I still need from a child that will some day be a completely seperate human being. It is a miraculous gift to give.

It's also wonderful because it helps her be a good baby and me be a good mommy. She has less stomach aches than any formula fed children that I have taken care of. And I have to spend a lot less time preparing for meals or dealing with loss of sleep. Basically, it is the easiest and best gift that I feel I can give my daughter and I will keep giving it for as long as I can! Oh, and the calories it burns isn't bad either.

Day 2: Co-sleeping

 
(Clay and I never get to be in pics together but usually he fits in there too!)


Co-sleeping is an amazing thing! When babies co-sleep, they breath in more oxygen and spend less energy regulating heat so they are less likely to have some of the health issues of individual sleepers. Thus, I can sleep with less worry. Also, co-sleeping allows me to breastfeed without ever fully waking up. (Unlike other moms, I seem to have more of a problem with sleeping too much.) It also allows me to stay connected to my child while she is in her 4th trimester and I am adapting to her being out of my body. And finally, co-sleeping is wonderful because I get to share my bed with the most important people (...and sometimes puppy) in my world.

Day 3: Taking walks with my kids

(I thought I'd share some pics of the two of them since I don't have any pics of our walks. But if I get some, I will share them because they would be hilarious!)


Since our daughter was born, our dog, Coltrane, doesn't get to do as much with either myself or my husband. It always seems like an event to do anything with the two of them. Recently, however, I have begun to attempt to walk both of them (which is quite a challenge). It is the one activity that both Aubrey and Coltrane can be a part of where I don't feel like I'm losing my mind and it is pretty wonderful. Not only does it give me a little more exercise each day; Aubrey and I get our vitamin D; and Coltrane gets to burn off some energy so he isn't so crazy. In the end, it keeps the family happy and Coltrane gets a little reminder that we still care about him!






PAXbaby Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment