Saturday, February 6, 2010

Things I Love: Day 6


I love my family. I always tell people that I come from a big family and they ask me how many brothers and sisters I have and I tell them that I just have one brother. Usually, this is followed by a look of confusion as I go on to explain that my mom has seven brothers and sisters and we are all very close.

Growing up, I began to refer to my mom's family as "The Family". You know, "Mom, when are we going to see "The Family"." When is "The Family" coming over", etc. I never thought anything of it but people used to get such a kick out of it. It took me a long time to realize that referring to them as "The Family" kinda made them sound like the mob or something. But to me, they were just such a vital part of my every day life that I singled them out as a representation of what all other families should be.

Of course, for those of you that know my family, you know that we are definitely not lacking in faults. There have been more than a fair share of fights (some actually involving fists...or at least hair pulling); and we can definitely seem dysfunctional at times; but we're always there for each other in the end. No matter how stupid I'm being or how wrong I am, I know that I will always have not only my immediate family but also my aunts, uncles, cousins, and even second cousins to give me a helping hand, a friendly ear, or a shoulder to cry on when I need it. I love you all!


PAXbaby Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment