Friday, October 29, 2010

Aubrey's First Birthday: Birthday Banner Craft

Well, I did it. I managed to distract myself with tons of party planning so that I didn't spend a week crying about the fact that my daughter is now a year old. Oh, and I did it well! So now, I will begin to share my birthday crafts with all of you!


To start, I made a birthday banner following the tutorial linked but with a few alterations that I will share so that you do not have to spend as much time going through the trial and error phase of party planning.
1.  I cut my cardstock into 5 X 7 rectangles and my scrapbook paper was cut into 4 X 6 rectangles.
2.  I used double-sided tape to adhere the papers and letters to each other because it gives a smoother look.
3.  After numerous issues, I bought a ribbon punch and used it to make slits long enough for the ribbon to slide through.
4. I used one piece of ribbon instead of tying each letter individually which allowed me to adjust spacing and gives me the option of using individual letters for other banners in the future without lots of tying and untying.

And that is the first of many birthday crafts that I will continue to share. Let me know if you have any questions or if you do the project and would like to share pictures, that would be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment